Thread: Problem w/ External Drives and Windows 7

sad Problem w/ External Drives and Windows 7

I currently have a new LaCie external hard drive. Since I have a new computer with Windows 7 and an ATI Radeon 4850 video card, many times Windows 7 does not even recognize the external drive. When it does, and I transfer large files from my OS to the external, it shows that the file is transferring very quickly and then within a minute it goes to a transfer rate of 2Kb/sec and takes forever to finish transferring.

Can anyone help me with these two problems?

One being recognizing the LaCie at least half the time and the second issue of the painfully slow transfer rate to the LaCie.

On a side note: my WD MyBook 500 Gb and Maxtor OneTouch drives also only show up sporadically.

This is my first post on this forum. If you need more information, please ask and I will reply. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Re: Problem w/ External Drives and Windows 7

The problem that you are having with the external drives in Windows 7 may be another issue that is been encountered with this operating system. This is why it is suggested to quit installation or upgradation to this operating system by many of the experts. Windows 7 also has many incompatibility issues with many of the softwares and applications. I suggest you to change the operating system that you are using. It is better to use Windows Vista as it has the same features of Windows 7.