Thread: Error loading tapi.nfo

Error loading tapi.nfo

Hello to all,
    I have dell computer. I have this problem from last week. From last week whenever I switch on my computer I get following error message.

Rundll
    error loading tapi.nfo
    the specified module could not be found

I don't know what is that mean. After this my computer runs slow and I also cannot run any anti-virus programs including Spybot, Avast, Avira AntiVir, AdAware This etc. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Juaquine; 16-02-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Re: Error loading tapi.nfo

Such type of problem are mostly related to malware. Some malware are set to run at startup and when your anti-virus or anti-malware delete that malware then your computer unable to to load this file. The associated orphaned registry entry of that file is remain in the registry and it tell Operating System to load the file when you boot up. Since that file no longer exists and for this reason your Operating System will display an error message. In this case you have to delete that registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads. To fix this problem you have to download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it. You can download Autoruns from here.
    After downloading this file create one folder in C drive and extract (unzip) the file there. Now run the autoruns.exe to launch it. Now it automatically scans and show the all entries. Now look out for startup entry related to that file in the error message. Just right click on the that entry and choose delete option. After this restart your computer. Now you will not get any error message.
    Last edited by Devasis; 16-02-2010 at 05:48 PM.

From your information it seems that your system is affected with some kin of deadly virus and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to scan your computer and you have to remove that virus from your computer to fix this problem. As per my information kaspersky is the best anti-virus. Just download and install it in your system.

From your information it seems that your system's one of the dll file is get deleted and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Most of the people face such type of problem. In this case you have to repair your computer's Operating system to fix this problem. Just insert Windows xp cd in your computer and repair your system. After this you will not get any problem.

It seems that there is problem in your computer's operating system and that's why you are getting such type of error message. In this case you have to format your computer and you have to install new Windows operating system in your computer to over come this problem. Just install fresh operating system in your computer. After this you will not get any problem.