Thread: How SP2 support to security related setting

How SP2 support to security related setting

hi
    i am MCA student. I have home computer as well as i have installed windows xp operating system in my system. Actually i have installed service pack 2 in my windows xp operating system. But i don't have much information about that. Actually i want to know that is that support to security firewall if yes then tell me,how sp2 support to security related setting?

Dr. V Guest

Re: How SP2 support to security related setting

We know that there are so many viruses ,worms and others types of malware available in the system it can came through network or internet or any other way but there are so many security packs available in the system for prevention so when use windows xp SP2 means service pack 2 help our system to protect against the viruses, hackers, and worms.The powerful, built-in Windows Firewall is now turned on by default. This helps protect Windows XP against viruses and worms that can spread over the Internet. So it can protect the system from start up to shutdown the system. The new Windows Security Center allows you to easily view your security status and manage key security settings in one convenient place.

In windows xp operating system the SP2 pack can also prevent the system like firewall because firewall which is a device that are situated between home pc and internet.This type of pack provides a protection against any person like hacker who might try to access your computer data from outside the Windows Firewall without your permission. Make sure that whenever you run the SP2 pack that time windows firewall is turned on by default. Set up Windows Firewall to co-exist with your favorite Internet applications and home network. Its a simple as well as compatibility setup.When Windows Firewall is protecting the computer and a program that is not in the Exceptions list tries to make an Internet or network connection,the connection will be blocked.

SP2 set up allows you to easily view your security status and manage key security settings in one convenient place. Whenever anyone on internet connect to your home or personal use system that time we call unsolicited request which means when you get that type request then Windows Firewall blocks the connection. When you goes to security center in control panel then click the firewall. The Security Center constantly checks to see whether Windows Firewall is on and provides an alert if it is turned off.

Windows Firewall includes enhanced support to allow programs and services that use multicast and broadcast to work without any alterations to the Windows Firewall settings.Windows xp SP2 pack provide the enhanced the security infrastructure to the help against the virus and worms. Windows Security Center provides you with an easy way to help ensure your firewall is activated, your antivirus software is up to date, and that your computer is being updated with the latest critical updates from Microsoft.