Thread: Snow Leopard Blue screen boot

Snow Leopard Blue screen boot

Hello everyone,

I have uninstalled software (pen tablet), deleted the remaining files of the latter and parallel desktop in system start up and then I reboot extensions. And then blue screen. I hangs on the damn blue screen. The Safe Mode boot carefree but is totally unstable (finder to crash constantly). I'm afraid the only solution is to make an archive & install but I do not have enough space on my hard drive for that.

Any help?

Re: Snow Leopard Blue screen boot

If your computer still starts up to a blue screen, follow these steps.

1. Start up the computer in Single-User Mode.
    2. Type: mount -uw /
    3. Press Return.
    4. Type: mv /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist preferences2.old
    5. Press Return.
    6. Type: mv /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist preferences3.old
    7. Press Return.
    8. Type: reboot
    9. Press Return.

More: Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

It will cast a wide net: in my signature, reset the PMU and PRAM (to remove any temporary hardware bug), and Safe Boot (to repair the system and disable third-party extensions).

If it still does not reboot from the DVD included with the Mac, holding down C, and launch Disk Utility to verify / repair the internal hard drive. If the internal hard drive is OK / repaired, but the Mac still does not start properly on it, return the DVD when it goes to step "Archive and Install (preserving users and existing settings) to deliver a system own on the internal hard drive.

Download Install the Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update

The 10.6.1 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.

If a repair permissions and re-installing the Combo Update does not call plumb the system (even after booting in Safe Boot), then we will lose more time trying to fix that to re-install.

So make a little room (to boot into Target as needed and move items to / from another Mac), and re-install Snow Leopard (without removing) from the DVD.