Thread: Mac OS X Slow Finder

Mac OS X Slow Finder

Hello,

For the past 1 weeks, my finder, takes a lot of time to go to the next folder (6-7 seconds after clicking on the following folder) ... Anyone had this problem? Please help me to resolve it.

Thank you for your help

Re: Mac OS X Slow Finder

A concern refresh the Finder, it can be a plug-in Quicklook, or something else (menu ...) what the Finder does not. Something added / modified recently Finder or later system?

I recommend turning off your "preview" images (the next time you click on an image, right, you'll see a gray rectangle, make sure it horizontally rather than vertically) and use a program like Extensis Portfolio or " Preview "to view your images instead of using the Finder.

Try cleaning your cache with an application like onyx or make a repair disk in Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility> First Aid and click on Repair Permissions. should take about 10 minutes

Dr. V Guest

Originally I wanted to ask how many files and folders you have on your desk, as this may delay the initial response from the Finder. The number of startup items can too. Then, when you mentioned the problems in the system.log, I abandoned both ideas. The problems in the system.log are probably involved here. Could you post a good relevant part of your system.log?

How to fix the openning five seconds on the finder. Jack speed double mouse click at the best setting. More double-click the fastest folders in the Finder open. Seems crazy, but it works for me. When set to a low setting files in the Finder to take about 3-5 seocnds to open.