Thread: Snow Leopard clean install and Time Machine

Snow Leopard clean install and Time Machine

Hi all

I upgraded from mac os x 10.5 to snow leopard, erasing all my HD and installing snow leopard on a blank HD. Previously, Time Machine realized the usual safeguards. The problem is that I do not see in Time Machine all my backups, but data is on the old system ...

Someone have any tips for me?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Snow Leopard clean install and Time Machine

Basically, Time Machine backs up on the external drive since you installed Snow Leopard?

And if you disable Time Machine (in System Preferences -> Time Machine), De-select the drive (click "No"), re-enables Time Machine and re-select the proper external drive?

Hi, thanking you, if the backup taking place, and the old Time Machine HD was instantly recognized, I see how much old is first backup (February 2009 ...), but can only access system component (library etc ...) but not my files . If someone has an idea .

This means that user data (the little house and its contents) saved by Time Machine in Leopard, are not accessible (via the Time Machine interface) under Snow Leopard, while other files from previous system are?

This could be due to a change of password for the session?

In fact, exactly the opposite . All data (library, system, application and user) are available from TM to the first backup, but the shortcuts via pitches for other folders (Documents, Public, Images, Music and Videos) are inactive! But I have a moment to note is that all data is accessible from the SD of the computer, I select and down the tree until you find what needs me and that until the first backup! I find it quite strange! Usually I use the shortcuts in places, but since my installation of snow leopard they are visible but grayed out I still think that TM backups after ...

But if (the interface psychedelic Time Machine) you click on home, can you still open files (Documents, Images, ...) From there and back in TM, right? Well, at worst, actually, as you say, you can still explore the file Backups.backupdb volume backup directly exploring in the Finder, although it is less pretty and intuitive as the interface weird.