Thread: Removing Windows XP updates

Removing Windows XP updates

Hello,

Me like to know if it is safe to uninstall all the updates on my computer with Windows XP and later install the service pack 3, so save room to enlarge my ubuntu partition. whether i can remove the Windows XP updates that are in the Control Panel Add or Remove Programs. Greetings.

Re: Removing Windows XP updates

Hello

If it can be install. You can also uninstall, if you got created a system restore point you will be able to get rid of install the updates. Do a system restore to prior date of the installation of windows updates.

Greetings

If you don't window updates to be installed on your pc then better is turn ff the automatic updates.

First, we access the control panel. We do this by logging to Start / Control Panel or Start / Settings / Control Panel as having set up your start menu like XP or Classic.

Once inside the control panel you will find an icon called Automatic Updates. Double-clicking a window will open as we see in the image attached. At the same select the Turn off Automatic Updates and press the OK button.

Uninstall an update in Windows XP is pretty easy. Just know the name iod theupdate and remove it form add remove programs , to know the names of updates you have installed we must go to Windows Update.
    • Click Home, All Programs and we see access to Windows Update or to Microsoft Update,
    • Inside go to Windows Update access Review your update history.
    • In this history we see the updates we've done, but be careful, all will appear here, are currently installed or not, with their status, date and origin.
    • If we click on an update opens a window (or tab, depending on your browser and you have configured) with the information in this update.
    • As I said, this step is not even necessary, but we can help to know exactly what they're going to uninstall or to locate an update.

Windows XP updates are uninstalled through Add / Remove Programs, So the first thing we do is go to Control Panel. Once on the panel, we click on Add / Remove Programs.
    • In the window that opens at the top we see a marker that indicates Show Updates. We mark it so that we show.
    • It will show the updates that we currently have on our team. Now just have to make we want to uninstall and click Remove.

Note that in some cases, even uninstall the update, it is quite possible that the effects do not disappear because it, like updates WGA and OGA (Windows Genuine Advantage and Office Genuine Advantage), which, once installed the update, the software validation files remain on your computer original though uninstalled. Updates High priority or Security we should not uninstall them, unless it is because we are causing a problem.