Thread: Not able to delete files in MAC

Not able to delete files in MAC

Hi,
    I have happened many times in my computer that I am not able to delete the files. When tried to delete some videos they did not disappears. This videos are generated by a software which I was using a converted. Why this happens. Does the software is needed to remove along with it. Why the files are not deleting from the computer. I believe that this can be a virus issue also. I am not able to delete file in MAC.

Re: Not able to delete files in MAC

It happens some time when you are not able to access your files. The simplest technique to change the owner of a file is to apple i on it, and then display the tab owner and Permissions. Once you have identified your passphrase by clicking on the padlock, it is easy to change the owner and the rights on the said file or folder. If you want to assign the change recursively, i.e also to the content in any file on which it works, it should then click on Apply to enclosed items.

A quick passage through the update software, available via the Apple menu to install the updates will be a great help for your system. Mac OS X is an operating system capable of handling multiple users or not. The system also includes a super-user, the Root. The remedy lies in the repair permissions on the startup disk using the Disk Utility application, wisely row in the / Applications / Utilities. The Utilities folder is stored in the Applications folder located at the root of HDD.

You can also run maintenance scripts and clean caches. Mac OS X is also designed to work 24hrs on 24. Also, it performs maintenance scripts at night, when the machine is less likely to be monopolized by other tasks. However, most Mac users switch off their machine at night (especially laptops!) And those scripts are not systematically implemented. So just run the scripts by hand. A command line in Terminal is sufficient, but it is more comfortable (and more consistent with the principle of plug n play) use software with GUI.

Dr. V Guest

If one application is in is not performing well in your computer that it is possible that the files is corrupted. This file contains settings and options for customizing the user for the application. The application will record the settings that the user has set in preferences. The same is then stored in the Preferences folder in the Library of the user or, more rarely, in the Preferences folder of the overall Library.

Deleting this file naturally implies that these settings will be lost, so it may be wise to move rather than delete, which will replace the original file if the original software conflict lies elsewhere.Mac OS uses a specific memory, called PRAM, to store some settings (settings). This memory is corrupted sometimes and then it is good to reset. This reset occurs at boot time, just before the sound characteristic of Mac.