Thread: How to manage user accounts in Windows Home Server?

How to manage user accounts in Windows Home Server?

Hey, I am using the Windows Home Server. I have set up the Windows Home Server and now i want to add the user to it. So that i can give them the permission to share the folder but i am unable to do so. So if i will get the some help from you regarding the "How to manage user accounts in Windows Home Server?" then it will be appreciate. Thank you

Re: How to manage user accounts in Windows Home Server?

As soon as youhave open theWindows Home Server that a window will open to make the enable the guest and set the passwrd policy. Check the Do not show this message again and the to OK. Now Click on the User Account tabs, enter the name and the Log on name and select the access type that you want to give to the user. After that type the passwrod two time for the user. Now clcik on the type of rights they have to each of the shared folders from Full, Read, or None. Thats it.

You have to follow the step that are given by me to perform the user creation in the Windows home Server which are as given below.

• Click on the start
    • Type Windows Home Server in search
    • Click on the Windows Home Server
    • Now Click on the User Account tab
    • And Enter the name of the User and access type and Next
    • On the next window type the password and Click on next
    • Now choose the user rights from Full, Read and none.
    • Click on the Finish and its done

After you have created the user the user part is there, If he want to access the folder which is not allowed to use then the Windows will stop him for using the same y giving a warning message to him. Every time when user want to access the home Server he has to enter the login name and password without which he can not access the same. Thats all i want to share with you.

Hey thanks for all your help that you have given me regarding the managing of User account that will help me the creation and deletion of the account. But now i am having another problem that i want to solve with your help so help me with that also. I want to add and external hard drive to the Windows Home Server but don't know how to do the same.

For the making the Windows Home Server with the external hard drive you have to go to the Storage service tab and from there you can make the same that will make the External Hard drive work with the same. Just follow the below given link that will help you to make setting of the same. I hope that you will like the same.
    How to add an external hard drive to Windows Home Server?