Thread: How to access the Libraries in Windows 7?

How to access the Libraries in Windows 7?

Hello, I am new for the Windows 7 so need your help to understand the feature of the same. I heard about the library of Windows 7 and want to access the same to know about the same. But problem is that i have no idea about How to access the Libraries in Windows 7?. So if any one can help me then step ahead and tell me how to do the same. Thanks in advance

Re: How to access the Libraries in Windows 7?

Yes even i have gone through the Windows 7 library and liked the feature of it most. It is very to access the library of the Windows. Just click on the Start menu and the to the search and type the libraries into the search box. This will display the list where all you have to do is just click on the same and thats it now the library will be open for you.

Your quick response is appreciated but if you will help me with more of it then it will be helpful. I have open the same but it is little complicated for me to understand the same so need your help regarding the same. I hope to get the solution of it from you. Also let me know what feature of the same can be more useful. A help may be appreciated.

After you have open the Libraries you will notice only the four content in it which are Document, Music, Picture and videos. This feature you can access from the navigation pane of the Windows Explorer so by expanding it. By expanding the Document or any other feature you will come to notice the another feature of the same. So this is how you work on the Libraries.

The Windows 7's library feature are most liked by the user of it. As you stored the any thing on the My Document that is being in the Document library. And also you can view the some of the Folder that has been installed in the My Document here. If you want to add any of the File or the Folder to the library then just right click on that and from the context menu click on the include to libraries option. This will be added to the library.

Before we start diving into the Windows 7 Libraries API, we need to better understand why Libraries were introduced in Windows 7 and how they improve the experiences of users to manage their content. To better understand the concept of Libraries in Windows 7, we need to look back in time. Earlier versions of Windows, like Windows Vista and Windows XP, included sets of special folders for storing users content, like My Documents. Windows XP used the Constant Special Item ID List (CSIDL), which is a list of values that provide a unique system-independent way to identify special folders used frequently by applications, but which may not have the same name or location on any given system.
    Source: Microsoft