Thread: Windows Xp error while rebooting

Windows Xp error while rebooting

multi(0)DISK(0)RDISK(0)PARTITION(1)..

HI my computer halted. While rebooting, with the above error. The system is XP home edition on my laptop. It all started attempting to install networking on my hp pavillion. I tried to reinstall XP apparently in the same partition. Now I have a bigger problem
    Now I have an error that reads..

Intel UNDI.PXE 2.0 (build 082 )
    Copyrignt...
    For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (020326)
    PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-MOF: EXITING PXE ROM

I removed the 2.5 drive and plugged it up to my desktop with a usb enclosure..

Now what shall I do to remedy the problem...
    1 person needs an answer

Re: Windows Xp error while rebooting

Hey, your problem is with the booting of the device. So i will suggest you to go to to the Bios and change the order of boot. For that go to the Bios setting and from the option reset it to the default settings. Also check the cable of the hard drive connector that cold also be the problem. Hope this will solve your issue.

please if i insert my USB in my PC. One error is showing.
    The Message is Wmibusn.exe - No Disk
    There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in to Drive/Device/Harddisk1/DR3
    Please help me. Hoe to solve this?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Microm View Post
    multi(0)DISK(0)RDISK(0)PARTITION(1)..

HI my computer halted. While rebooting, with the above error. The system is XP home edition on my laptop. It all started attempting to install networking on my hp pavillion. I tried to reinstall XP apparently in the same partition. Now I have a bigger problem
    Now I have an error that reads..

Intel UNDI.PXE 2.0 (build 082 )
    Copyrignt...
    For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (020326)
    PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-MOF: EXITING PXE ROM

I removed the 2.5 drive and plugged it up to my desktop with a usb enclosure..

Now what shall I do to remedy the problem...
    1 person needs an answer

Please help me. if i put USb in my Computer this messahe will shown.
    There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in to Drive/Device/Harddisk1/DR3

Quote Originally Posted by Deep23 View Post
    Hey, your problem is with the booting of the device. So i will suggest you to go to to the Bios and change the order of boot. For that go to the Bios setting and from the option reset it to the default settings. Also check the cable of the hard drive connector that cold also be the problem. Hope this will solve your issue.

It sounds as your system is infected by a virus and you require to remove or heal this threat. Because In windows XP the USB devices are detected automatically. You simply need to plug and play these devices and the windows operating system will simply detect it without any errors so just try to scan your computer with the help of an antivirus i think this will fix this bug.

Hello there, an assured way to get rid of the infections from the system is to use the boot scan method that is provided by the Quick Heal antivirus. This scan takes place before the operating system loads and hence the infections remain inactive at this time. This is because the infections are not able to execute before the operating system loads. This will solve your problem.

Use NOD32 antivirus or Latest updated AVG 9.0 tool in order to remove the threat from the system that is affecting. It is for sure that the system is been affected by a malicious threat or virus. So run a scan check wizard. Hope this would sort the issue that you are facing.

So I reinstalled the HD back on the laptop and successfully installed the second instance of winXP. The original instance of XP still halts at multi(0)DISK(0)RDISK(0)PARTITION(1)..