Thread: Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7

Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7

I have recently upgraded my operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The problem after upgradation is that Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7. Video2Webcam is a software that I was using previously show video clips and it worked as a virtual webcam. Moreover it supported all types of webcam programs like MSN, Camfrog, Skype, ICQ, AIM, Paltalk, Yahoo Messenger, ANYwebcam, Stickam, ICUII, Ustream.tv, iSpQ, etc. What should I do in this case?

Re: Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7

The following are the operating systems supported by Video2Webcam:
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 2003
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista Business
    • Windows Vista Enterprise
    • Windows Vista Home Basic
    • Windows Vista Home Premium
    • Windows Vista Starter
    • Windows Vista Ultimate

Since, the supported operating systems does not have Windows 7 may be the reason why Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7.

Dr. V Guest

There are many problems in Windows 7 and Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7 is just one of them. The incompatibility issue is the greatest problem that the users are facing. This is why I always advice many users to quit installation to Windows 7. It is better to use Windows Vista, since it has the same features as Windows 7. Another reason is that Windows Vista does not have any problems, so why upgrade to Windows 7? Windows 7 is too costly than the other alternatives available in the market.

Because of problems like Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7, it is suggested to keep another operating system with Windows 7. I suggest you to install Windows Vista in a different drive in your system. By this method, you will make your computer a dual boot system. When you start the system, you will get a screen called Windows Boot Manager. Here, you can select the operating system that you like. So, when you find any application or program incompatible with Windows7, just load into the other operating system and your problem will be solved.

Just run the hardware and software evaluation tool if Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7. This tool lists all the incompatible applications and programs in the operating system. If it shows that Video2Webcam is compatible, then there has been some problem during installation. In that case, reinstalling the software will solve the problem. If it shows Video2Webcam as incompatible, then you will have search the internet for the complements for Video2Webcam that are available in the market.

If Video2Webcam does not work in Windows 7, then use any of the following alternatives available:
    1. Fake Webcam
    2. Magic Camera
    3. webcamAMP
    4. Webcam and Screen Recorder
    5. Super Webcam Recorder
    6. WebcamX
    7. SpyCast Webcam Studio
    8. WatchSome Webcams

There seems to be a problem with video2webcam

It used to work fine but after formatting my laptop and reinstalling its latest version along with k-lite codec now it will not play .flv files.

It does play all other formats but not .flv and every time I press play on .flv file the software crashed.

any ideas?