Thread: Delay in browsing in open command

idea Delay in browsing in open command

Dear all...!
    I'm using Intel Core2Duo processor with 2.93 Ghz M.Board, 2 GB RAM, with 2 50 GB HDD. I have installed trusted licensed version of anti virus software, and it is updated.

My Problem is when using any programme like AutoCAD, MS Word etc. many time the open command works so slow it takes aprox 4-5 seconds to change directory / go to upper directory.. there is not any temporary files that jams speed of my pc, there is not any un necessary files in the system. And I can brows in explorer speedily (normally).

please help me out for this problem.. as I also have changed the PC once but the problem remains

Re: Delay in browsing in open command

Speed up browsing

Disk fragmentation will makes slow down the performance of your system.
    Disk Defragmenter is a Windows utility tool which consolidates fragmented files and folders on your system's hard disk that's why each will occupies a single space on the hard disk.
    Run Disk Defragmenter
    keep running Disk Defragmenter at regular intervals like monthly, there are also other times when you should run it too, such as when:
    • You insert a big number of files.
    • Your system's free hard disk space totals 15 percent or less.
    • When you installed new application or a new version of Windows.

If you are having delay in browsing in open command, then I guess that there are many unwanted processes running. Simply, go to the Task Manager and end the processes that you dot need. Even after that, you are having these problems, then use the following tools:
    1. Registry Mechanic: To remove errors from the registry.
    2. TuneUp Utilities: To optimize the system.
    3. SpeedUp My PC: Helps to free the RAM on a great scale.

You need to maintain the system by removing the temporary files that is been installed in the same. So just check out for the same by running a disk cleanup wizard. This will remove the temporary internet files as well as the programs that are of no use. This will help you to speed up the process.

lliz Guest

It seems either a registry problem, something broken in open actions definitions that slows down the operation, or the antivirus/antimalware that may be misconfigured and tamper too much with data7program files being loaded.
    You should see if there is some bottleneck (disk spinning furiously, or open task manager and see if ram usage goes rampage) and do some maintenance with TuneUp Utilies or similar piece of software - clean disk, defrag, check registry.
    Another (longer) way is to disable or uninstall each piece of software until you find what is causing the problem.