Thread: what is different between xcopy and copy

what is different between xcopy and copy

hi,
    I don't have much knowledge about window operating system.Actually in my system window xp has been installed.I have the basic knowledge of copy,past ,delete command & it's uses, but i don't understand what is xcopy.Is that important in our general computer uses.what the basic different between copy & xcopy,please any one tell me about that?

Dr. V Guest

Re: what is different between xcopy and copy

xcopy is mostly use by home pc user because it provide a powerful method for copying & backing up files & directories.Copy & xcopy are the command of the operating system.Xcopy command is a powerful version of the copy command.The main features of xcopy command which is,it has a capability of moving files,directories or even whole driver from one location to other location.The xcopy command is a external command that is available in some Microsoft operating system like window xp, window 2000,vista,7.Actually external command are the commonly external either large requirement or not commonly used.It has a large number of switches, which gives the great flexibility.

Window xp operating system available in two version like home & professional. You can create a notepad for batch file.The key is automatically back up using batch file.It's like a text file that contain command that are executed ,when the file will run.In copy command user can copy one or more file to alternate location.In system the copy command is a internal command where xcopy command is external command.copy command which is store in system memory.

Windows XP does not use this command.Xcopy is mostly used in home pc user because it provide a powerful method for copying & backing up files & directories.If you want copying large number of files or backing up a large folder we always use command line because command line is a faster & easier way to rich our aim. When you Enter “xcopy /?” in a command prompt to see more switches,in see as differentiate manner,that xcopy is to copy the entire folder but in copy command it just copy files. in copy command copy the just file, but in xcopy command can also copies the hidden file,whole directory,sub folder

The copy & x copy are the command which use in operating system.You can also say that x copy is the next step of copy because copy command just copy a file at a time but in x copy command could do same as well as copy directories,sub folder. x copy also used for backing up files.In copy command user can copy a file at a time but in xcopy command copy the more than one file, directory or whole folder.copy is a internal command where xcopy is a external command.