Thread: Kill process in mac via terminal

Kill process in mac via terminal

I need some suggestions for killing process in MAC. I had some dashboard application. I do not want them on the start up. Actually I had posted many new app in my MAC computer. Now the below line has increased so that I cannot view my apps. How to kill process in MAC via terminal. Also post some suggestions relevant to terminal.

Re: Kill process in mac via terminal

The procedure to Kill process in mac via terminal. The terminal in Mac OS X way into the authority line world. It is premeditated for you to typing in precise commands that you would not be able to do otherwise. This is great for modifying your Mac and unveiling hidden characteristics. It is also a good way to demolish you system because you screwed something up.

What you have to do is crawl the web look of and you can have a top 50 incurable domination. These domination are premeditated to make you make look cooler, act quicker or be commonly useful. I have tried to keep domination down to one line, so they are simple and effectual to use. Each item will include a description of what it does as well as an appropriate picture is necessary.

Many of these domination appear as separate posts all over the web, but never in one big list. I have tried to keep the amount of sudo domination down to a minimum as this can easily destroy your system. Especially if you go sudoing every thing. Most of the domination can be reverted by replacing YES with NO and 1 with 0, the opposite. Most of these domination are Leopard compatible and many may not work on Tiger.

This quite a popular hack for the people running Leopard and don’t like the 3D feel. It changes the 3D dock to a flat 2D version. To enter copy and past the following code. defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES killall Dock. This process will kill the clock on the dashboard and Kill process in mac via terminal.

One of my favourite hacks that enables you to put a small gradient behind an icon. I think this should be enabled by default. Defaults write com.apple.dock mouse-over-hilte-stack -boolean YES killall Dock. And in this way you can pass on commands and enable or disable the app in the dashboard.

just open the terminal and write this command to know the process number of your application
    ps aux | grep "process_name"
    the result is like this:
    user 4050 0.0 0.0 4545454 344 s000 R+
    the process number is 4050
    use this command to kill the process
    kill 4050
    if not killed uses this
    kill -kill 4050
    This is the same as Linux.