Thread: Problems on Virtual PC XP mode

Problems on Virtual PC XP mode

Hi,
    I want to run a xp mode on Virtual Pc of Windows 7. What are the things needed for this. I have Windows 7 workng on my laptop. For running some application it is very important for me to run Windows XP on it. But the same is not happening. I think there's something missing which is causing issue. I also want a system restore option in case for any crash.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Problems on Virtual PC XP mode

In case of problems, Windows provides a tool repair system that will be very useful if your computer will not boot because the CD is launched autonomously start the PC. Creating a disc repair system is very simple. Just go into Control Panel and then click Save in the computer section and system security. In the pane that opens on the left, then click on Create a disk repair system.

If you have multiple drives, select the one you want from the dropdown. Then insert a blank media (CD or DVD) and click the Create Disk button. Then the burning the disc repair system begin. It is strongly recommended to backup your registry, your system and data before using this trick. Because serious system error if your windows crash.

Yes you can install Windows XP mode on Windows 7. This allows applications to run XP compatible productivity. For this, you will need to download Windows XP mode and a virtualization solution such as Windows Virtual PC. The way Windows XP is not present during installation of Windows 7 when it is nevertheless a key feature that differentiates the family version of the Pro version or Ultimate.

Note that if you do not download Virtual PC, you can if you want to direct you to VirtualBox. Download Windows XP mode and Virtual PC for Windows 7 and then you must now select your version of Windows 7 (Pro, Enterprise or Ultimate, 32 or 64) and the language. Then download both modules, then install them in the order listed. After installing the second module, a system reboot will be necessary.

For setting up Windows XP mode on virtual PC you will need for the proper operating system that supports it. Other than this Windows 7 is equipped with many compatibility applications that can be run and installed directory. The issue here is that Windows XP runs some older applications which are not support by Windows XP. The download is available on official site for download.