Thread: How to Open .Rar Files on a Mac

question How to Open .Rar Files on a Mac

Hi all,

I am using Mac OS -X. I have received several ZIP file by mail and i open it on Mac, But recently i received a compressed file that is on .rar format and not open in my system. Can anybody know that how to open this file. Suggestion required. Thanks in advance.

How to Open .Rar Files on a Mac

You should use StuffIt Expander program if your computer runs Mac OS X. This program is built in to the Mac operating system. StuffIt Expander is used to decompress .rar files on your Mac. It also opens several other compressed file types. You can also download StuffIt 2010 , that is new version from website but it cost 24.99. Try it and reply.

You can also use decompression tool such as UnrarX to decompress the .rar file on a Mac. But is available for Mac OS X 10.0 and higher. Universal Binary version of UnRarX is now available with version 2.2. You can free download that from unrarx official website. It is also supported the unrar and par2 format. You should try this and reply.

Re: How to Open .Rar Files on a Mac

You need to download a RAR Expander software which supports Apple scripts and can also expand multiple archives at once. it is a MacOSX program which extracts the files contained in RAR archives. It also support password-protected archives files. But make sure before opening any .rar file, it run it through a virus scanner. Best of luck.

You can also open .rar files on your Mac machine by drag and drop the file into the icon for your expander software. This can decompress and open the files in your system. This is the easiest way to decompressed your .rar file on mac. The new version of expander is also secure and send your file. StuffIt Deluxe is the easiest way to share large to large files online. Best of luck.