Thread: Windows 7 PC restarts while Downloading new file

Windows 7 PC restarts while Downloading new file

I have recently bought a new Toshiba computer which is installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have got an Airtel internet connection which is connected to my computer. The problem is everytime I try to download any file from the Internet the Computer restarts. Therefore I want to know if any body is facing the same problem like Windows 7 PC restarting when downloading files or not? and if anybody is facing the same problem then please suggest some solutions for this problem. Also Is this some virus issue or some browser issue? Please help

Re: Windows 7 PC restarts while Downloading new file

I think the Internet browser you are using is creating problems while downloading the files. Whenever the files are downloaded from the Internet it gets saved on certain location which is mentioned in the preferences of the browser. If the browser itself is gets corrupt, then it will create many problems while surfing and while downloading files. Try to use some other browser and see if the computer restarts while downloading the files. If the computer does not restart while using some other browser, then remove the browser which was creating problems while downloading and then reinstall it again if needed.

The configuration of your computer seems to be low to run the Windows 7 operating system. The system requirements for the Windows 7 operating system are very high. It requires minimum of 1gb Ram for smooth working of all the features of it. Normally the computer restarts when the Ram Memory gets used up totally. Check the Ram which is installed in your computer and see if it matches the minimum requirement of the Windows 7. Increase the RAM if required and see if the computer restarts after increasing the memory. Once the memory is increased I dont think there would be a problem with the computer getting restarted while downloading any applications.

The operating system is not installed properly on your computer I think. If there some problems while installation of the operating system then all the files are not copied on the hard disk of the computer. If the files which are missing on the computer are required while downloading a file then the computer will not be able to find them and hence will return an error. If you have the installation disk of the operating system then you can insert it in the drive and then boot the system from it. Once the system is booted from the installation disk, the Windows installer will load and give you different installation options. Select the repair windows installation option and let the procedure get complete. Once the procedure is complete, let the system boot from the hard drive and then check the system performance.

There is high probablity that your system is infected with some virus which restarting the computer while downloading any files. Virus's get downloaded in the computer when certain websites are visited or while viewing emails. If the virus's get downloaded on the computer they tend to create problems in proper working of the operating system and the applications which are installed on it. The tendency of the Virus program is to get linked or to replace the system files or application files which are used frequently by the user. If such a file is replaced with some other file, it will not perform the same function as the original file. Therefore I would suggest you to scan the computer with some updated antivirus program and clean the infected files. Either repair or quarantine the infected files as the deleting the files may cause total system failure. If you dont have an updated antivirus then you can use the free online scan facility which is provided by the Websites like Kaspersky.

Hosting India Guest

I dont feel this is problem from Windows side.