Thread: First wireless, then dial-up disappears on Vista

First wireless, then dial-up disappears on Vista

Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario V6215CA Notebook running Windows Vista. Recently the wireless function stopped working. I checked Device Manager and there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark (!) next to WAN Miniport (SSTP) under Network adapters. I went online and the advice was all the same: download Devcon and run the following at the command prompt:

devcon install c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf ms_ndiswanip

That didn't work, so the advice was to uninstall the WAN Miniport (SSTP) in Device Manager and try the above devcon command again.

Well, guess what? Now not only do I not have wireless capability, but I can't connect to the internet using dial-up either. It gets as far as telling me that it's "registering your computer on the network" and then informs me that it was unable to connect. It gives me the option of running a diagnostic, which I do, and it tells me that my computer is fine. I had to get my old laptop out to connect to the internet to look around for a solution and post this here, so my dial-up provider isn't the problem.

Right now I'd just settle for getting dial-up working again on my Compaq. It was bad enough not having wireless, but having nothing is worse.

Any advice that isn't a repeat of the above is welcome! And rebooting doesn't work, either!

Re: First wireless, then dial-up disappears on Vista

The WiFi device of your Compaq Presario V6215CA Notebook is not working. And you are saying that the yellow triangle is there is there with the exclamation mark next to the wireless device in your laptop under the Network adapters when you checked from the device manager of your Laptop. So this is the problem of the driver software of the Wireless adapter in your Compaq Presario V6215CA Notebook. You can download and install the driver software for the wireless adapter of your laptop according to the operating system that you are using from the official website of the HP Compaq. Or else right click on this device in the Device manager and select the Update driver option . this will resolve the problem.