Thread: Install Windows 7 on MAC PRO

Install Windows 7 on MAC PRO

Hello

I have a MAC PRO with snow leopard that 3 months old and I want to install windows 7 64 bit, should I follow quite simply the Boot Camp Assistant?

recommendations, a tutorial?

Should i put a partition on the primary disk (boot MAC) or a partition on the secondary disk?

thank you

Re: Install Windows 7 on MAC PRO

Hello, the easiest is to use Bootcamp because you have all the drivers for your Windows machine once installed (they are on the dvd to install Snow Leopard) and above, it will be Bootcamp who will correctly partition your computer so you do not lose your data.

After that you will install on the primary partition or a second disk, there will be no problem because both operating systems will not run simultaneously, but I suggest you still install on a second hard drive if you have one, because I know that having their data spread over 2 drives is annoying quickly. In all cases, through BootCamp.

BootCamp looks the easiest way, Have a look at following threads :

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on a MacBook Pro
    How to get Windows 7 work reliably with Bootcamp?

Partitioning will surely make a sense in this case , believe it or not. Thought is that if you have a large hard disk capacity, why not make it to act like two small hard drives? In this way, system administrators can isolate smart accounts, besides minimizing the errors of disc space and disturbance, and so on. With Apple Boot Camp, we want to partition the disk by default to allow us to have a "hard" which represents the 7 Windows world, and another disc "which is Mac OS X.

Download and install Boot Camp 2.1. I did it with Boot Camp 2.1, if you already have a copy of Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp, you will need to either remove it and go through the steps to create a partition to install Windows. At the end of the wizard, you will be asked to insert the Windows DVD and restart your Mac, or choose "Start Windows Installer" and format the Windows partition later in the installation process.

I use Windows 7 via virtualbox in my mac, and it works very well without any issues, why don't you try virtual box instead of making separate install of windows 7. If your mac pro runs it with good speed then you don't need a boot camp process.