Thread: Piwigo on SME 7.4: timezone problem

Piwigo on SME 7.4: timezone problem

I installed the photo gallery "Piwigo" 2.0.5 in i-bay to my sme server 7.4. For purposes of this gallery I also installed php 5 with this i-bay. Now when I visit my gallery, I have this error message:

Warning: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/galerie/html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 400
    So I changed the php.ini file in the directory /etc/php5 adding the line: date.timezone = Europe/Paris but got more error messages.

The concern is that each software updates server, php.ini is also updated and the error message returns.

Hence my question: what file *.ini or other changes must occur to maintain this setting schedule and where is it found? Or other proceeding it is more appropriate?

Re: Piwigo on SME 7.4: timezone problem

I do not know about PHP5 SME. But without changes in PHP, it must go to the templates:
    Code:
    etc/e-smith/templates/etc/php.ini/

SME Server is a GNU / Linux, but like no other! As you may have noticed, by editing your php.ini, the header should look like this:
    Code:
    DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE!
    To change something, what is not:
    Code:
    etc/e-smith/templates/etc/php.ini/
    but create a template here:
    Code:
    etc/e-smith/templates-custom/
    On the other hand, I understand that Piwigo works fine in PHP 4.3 so why to install PHP5? And what method you followed to install PHP5?

Thank you for the various responses. It helped me solve my problem of timezone. To answer the question of Kirt, I read in the doc Piwigo that PHP5 was recommended and I came across this: http://wiki.contribs.org/PHP5

So I used this procedure to install PHP5 ibay in my photo gallery and it seems to work.

I would make up this subject because I also tried installing on my Piwigo SME 7.4. After several galleys, I finally touch the goal. However, I am also facing the problem of timezone described above.

To remedy this, simply add the file /etc/php5/php.ini as follows:
    date.timezone = Europe/Paris.

If I make this change directly in that file, everything works. However, I understand that one should not make this change directly but use custom templates.

So I proceeded as follows (Note that I chose to make the change in the file 50PathsDirectories so completely arbitrary, the key date.timezone exist in any of the files composing templates /etc/php.ini/)

mkdir -p /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/php.ini
    cp /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/php.ini/50PathsDirectories /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/php.ini/
    mcedit /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/php.ini/50PathsDirectories

I added the beginning of the file the following line:
    date.timezone = Europe/Paris

I saved this.

Can I regenerate the ini file to be customized.
    expand-template /etc/php5/php.ini

Unfortunately, the change does not appear.

Can you tell me where was I wrong?

The template that you quote is for /etc/php.ini, or you are trying to make an expand-template of /etc/php5.php.ini
    (It is not that the same file)

I guess that's a typo, but you never know ...