Thread: Profile issue during startup in Windows 7

Profile issue during startup in Windows 7

Okay I am using Windows 7 and it is not working fine. When ever I start my computer I sometimes get an message saying "Preparing Desktop" instead of the "Welcome" message which we get normally on start up screen when we start out computer. And this doesn't happen everytime but some time.
    And when ever I see this message on the screen it tells to Create a new Profile. I had heard that this was an issue with the Beta version, but I am using the final Version then why is this over here.
    How should I solve this issue.?

Re: Profile issue during startup in Windows 7

Okay now as mentioned that you get this error sometimes. Do you get any issues with Group Policy hangup on start up or failure to have the screen re-light with wake from sleep.
    And also have a check on all the drivers and see if there is any issue with that as well. And update them if required to.
    And have you installed any new hardware lately.?

I haven't installed any new hardware on this system. It is a new brand computer which I got like 3 weeks ago and it was pre-installed with Windows Vista I then upgraded to Windows 7. And installed all the drivers proper.
    I checked Device Manager and there is no issue with it.
    I haven't installed any new software also. And I am guessing that there was some issue with the Windows 7 operating system itself, because it asks to create a new profile. And there is no other account added, its only one account which is mine. No guest nothing.

Just guessing but you may be on to something with sleep or hibernation. Change your power settings to disable hibernation and sleep. Sleep mode cause problems for me also, I get generic blue screens and sometimes the old dreaded irq not less or equal to zero error. As always upgrade motherboard drivers and video card drivers.

i am facing the same problem, each time i start it says that i have been logged in with a temporary profile, thus whatever i do in this profile is not saved when i restart, i had to create a new user account and am presently using only this new user account, this problem i believe is happening with your administrative account, if u want to continue using ur admin. account then dont shut down but just hibernate so that u dont have to restart and thus avoiding the creation of this temporary profile, i also visited the sony servicecentr ( i use a vaio ) and they say recovey .. which i dont want to do, u can use this toll free sony service centre no. if u r using a sony notebook -- 18001037799