Thread: Downloading Newsgroups shoots up CPU usage

Downloading Newsgroups shoots up CPU usage

Okay now I don't know what exactly is wrong over here, whether it is my software or hardware or my internet connection.
    Whenever I download newsgroups I notice my CPU usage shoots up. It like shoots up to 30% to 50%. And it only happens while downloading newsgroup and not while any other download. I use Newsbin 5.33 for downloading from newsgroups.
    I checked the Resource Monitor and it says "System Interrupts" is the process that is taking so much CPU usage.
    What can be the exact issue.?

Re: Downloading Newsgroups shoots up CPU usage

Okay now over here there can be many issues of why it is taking so much of CPU usage. I think it can be an Anti virus which is taking time, that is the anti virus may be scanning the traffic over the network which is generated by the newsbin. So just check the settings of your anti virus and should solve the issue i guess.

Hey thanks for replying.
    Well I checked the NOD32 and Zone Alarm settings. I was not able to see any such information about scanning network traffic. I then disabled it but still was not able to solve this issue.
    I then checked the drivers for my chipset and graphic and updated them, but still no go. The CPU usage still goes up when I start downloading from newsgroup.
    Any suggestions please.

Hey have you installed any new Hardware in your system. Check your Device manager once again and check for any exclamation mark or X mark because this are the two things which make the CPU usage High.
    And check for the software which you are using that is Newsbin. Make sure that everything is going fine with it.

Hey I just came to know that there are some bugs with the 5.33 version of Newsbin.
    So check for a new update or a you can also search for a bug fix for the current version which you are using.
    Because it is possible that the software which you are using itself may be faulty so try to update that software version or search for a bug fix or a patch from the official website. It should solve the issue for you.