Thread: Screeching Sound is heard while booting in windows 7

Screeching Sound is heard while booting in windows 7

I am using an hp laptop with windows 7 . Now i always hear a noise until the login screen appears whenever i start the laptop. I think that this is happening from the past few days when i tried playing the homeworld 2 game and paused the game for about 15 minutes. When i returned , i saw the blue screen of death. So i resarted the laptop , after which i heard a large screeching noise which continued until the login screen appeared. i don't know what is the cause behind this problem. I need some serious help to get rid of the screeching noise while booting system.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Screeching Sound is heard while booting in windows 7

Most probably it seems like hard drive failure. If this happens once or twice again then you can try to download the hard disk drive diagnostic tools from the website of the hard disk manufacturer burn it over a disc and then boot your system using this system and check whether the hard drive is working properly.

Since it occurs to be a problem outside windows 7. I think that this is a hardware problem so check your drivers in the device manger.
    Run a DirectX kernel Diag rpt -
    START| type dxdiag | save it as a text file and then attach it also zip it and attach this file in your further posts. So that i can check your drivers.

I think the main culprit of this problem is the hard disk i would recommend you to download the hard drive diagnostic program from the maker's website then burn it on a cd and then boot your system with this disc. If any hard disk problem is detected then get it replaced. Hope you will fix the problem soon.

I think you should check whether you have a windows.old folder. If yes m then delete it because this is your system files before the windows 7 upgrade make sure you also have a copy of vista before deleting it. because If you have to reformat then you will not be able to do so. Windows has to be present for an upgrade. Check this precisely.

The most probable reason behind this error seems as a hard drive failure so i would suggest you to back up all your data present on the hard drive then check the hard disk with the diagnostic tools. I would also suggest you to check all your speaker option and see if you have speakers mute it and then check whether the noise goes away.