Thread: How to modify BootManager timeout in Windows 7?

How to modify BootManager timeout in Windows 7?

Hello Friends, I am having an a issue that i need to solve. I had a dual boot desktop computer with the Windows 7 and Vista operating system. As the start up the BootManager prompt for the 30 seconds for the selection of the operating system. I need to modify this timeout. So help me with how to modify the BootManager timeout in Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to modify BootManager timeout in Windows 7?

This can be done with the help of the command prompt and the timeout will be modified. All you need to do is just run the command console as administrator and use the "bcedit" command to modify the same. Syntax of the the modification is given below "bcdedit /timeout <seconds>". So use it and then change the timeout for dual boot operating system and its done. Thanks

Hi, Take the administrator privileged and of the Command prompt and then get into the windows system32 folder. To get into the system32 you have to type C: and hit enter. After that use CD command with the Windows and System32 respectively. After that type the bcdedit command to get work with the same. Hope you will like it. Thank you

As i am new to the Windows 7 i have less idea about the control of this operating system so please explain me this procedure step by step so that i can configure my BootManager for the timeout issue. Also let me know of there is any tools that will make this change automatically. Thanks

OK as per your query i am discussing the whole thing again in step by step manner. Try this out and tell me that this works for you or not so that i can explain it in more detailed manner. Hope this time you will get it. So just go through the step.
    • Click on the Start
    • Go go the Run and type cmd, press enter key
    • Now the Command console will appear.
    • Right click on the console and click on Run as Administrator
    • After that type "bcdedit /timeout <seconds>" and enter

Its done now restart your computer and you will find that instead of the default 30 second it is showing the time that you have specified

This is really working command for which i am looking for last week and finally got this. I have used it and it changes the timeout of the BootManager that prompt at time of the boot for the selection of the operating system. You after changing the timeout for the Bootmanager you can view the timeout with the "bcdedit". Just type the bcdedit and you will see the timeout for the same. Thats it!!!!!!