Thread: OS Upgrade Problem of the Dell E1705 Desktop

OS Upgrade Problem of the Dell E1705 Desktop

I am currently having the Dell E1705 Desktop with the Window XP operating system. I want to upgrade the Operating system of this DELL computer system from the Windows XP to the Windows 7 Operating System. But there is the problem in upgrading the OS of the Dell E1705 Desktop. When i am trying to upgrade this computers OS from XP to the Windows 7 Some error comes in between and the installation of the Windows 7 OS stops there only and system restarts in the loops after that. So i again installed the Windows XP in this system. How can i Upgrade the OS of this computer?

Re: OS Upgrade Problem of the Dell E1705 Desktop

You are currently having the Dell E1705 Desktop computer system with the Windows XP operating system. You want to upgrade the operating system of this DELL computer system from the Windows XP to the Windows 7 Operating System. But you are not able to do this because some error is coming in between the installation procedure of the Windows 7 Operating System. So first think i will suggest you to check the Windows 7 operating system DVD Disc.

The reason that your system is not upgraded to the Windows 7 Operating System from the Windows XP operating system can be the Installation disc of the Windows 7 OS and also can be the DVD Rom of your DELL Computer system.
    Make sure that you are having and using the original installation Disc of the Windows 7 operating system. If you are not using the Original disc then you should buy the original disc of the Windows 7 Operating system.

If you are using the Original installation DVD of the Windows 7 operating system and then also you are getting this type of the error then might be this is the problem of the DVD Rom itself. May be the DVD Rom is not able to read the Disc properly. So first clean the Lens of the DVD Rom of your computer system. And then try to install the OS again. The second thing you are saying that the blue screen come and after that the system restarts itself in the loop. So i think this can be the hardware issue of the computer system. Remove all the hardware from the motherboard and again attach to the motherboard properly.

This can be because of the System or the Hardware requirements of your computer system. I am providing you the system requirements for upgrading computer to the Windows 7 operating system.

1. 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    2. 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    3. 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    4. DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

If all the system requirements for upgrading to the Windows 7 Operating system is present in you computer system then also you are getting the problem in the Upgradation of the operating system from the Windows XP to the Windows 7 Operating system then i think first you should Upgrade the OS of the computer system to Windows Vista and after that upgrade the OS from Windows Vista to the Windows 7 Operating system. Because the Shell files of the XP and the Windows 7 are totally different from each other. The shell file of the Vista is some types of the XP and also compatible with the Windows 7 Operating system. Or else format the Hard disk totally before upgrading the OS to the Windows 7 from XP without upgrading to the Windows Vista.