Thread: Handycam is not recognized by Windows 7

Handycam is not recognized by Windows 7

Hello i purchased a sony handycam DCR-SR67E few months back. All was going right till i installed the windows 7 on my computer system. After the installation my windows 7 could not recognize the sony handycam DCR-SR67E. I was using it perfectly with the windows Vista and could not find what is wrong with the windows 7. Please help me soon.....

Re: Handycam is not recognized by Windows 7

There is nothing wrong with the windows 7 almost all the drivers of windows Vista are compatible with the windows 7 hence there is no possibility of any kind of issue with the drivers. I think that there must be some issue with your cable connector try to change the connector your problem will be solved.

Dr. V Guest

Almost all the latest cameras are recognized by the windows 7 and hence there is no issue with the driver since all the windows vista driver are compatible with the windows 7. i think that you should reboot your machine again and then reconnect the handy cam and see whether if it works for you.

Well if you are having issues with windows 7. I think that you must have some driver issue with your windows 7 so i think you must visit the microsoft website and check for the drivers there and if you did not get any thing then move to the official website of the device manufacturer. I am sure that you will get the solution from one of these website.

As far as i know this types of issues are not arised due to driver ptoblem. Because the windows vista drivers are compatible with that of windows 7 drivers. I don't know why are you not using the user manual to connect it to the system there must be a way out in the manual to connect the handycam to the windows 7.

hi friends thanks for replying me i did not got any solutions from the above replies. In desperation i did a windows update after the updates i restarted the computer and my camera is now been recognized by the system. Hence my problem is solved. Anyway thanks for replying me once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    hi friends thanks for replying me i did not got any solutions from the above replies. In desperation i did a windows update after the updates i restarted the computer and my camera is now been recognized by the system. Hence my problem is solved. Anyway thanks for replying me once again.
    i have same issue; device manager showing drivers missing and i have my dvd-rom writer problem
    what update u did?

If your camera is not recognized by the Windows 7 then first thing that i will advise you is to update the driver for your Camera. Go to the manufacturer site and download and install the latest driver which is having the compatibility with the Windows 7. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue or not.