Thread: DNS hijacked in windows 7

DNS hijacked in windows 7

Hi everyone i am using the acer aspire laptop with the windows 7. From the last few days all my search links have been redirected to random sites. i am not getting what actually i want instead i get directed to some other website. Please help me regarding this matter. Thanks in advance.

Re: DNS hijacked in windows 7

Since your pc is infected by the virus then you must try to remove it by installing a suitable antivirus like the AVG's latest version like AVG 9.0 or the malwarebyte antimalware byte and run a quick scan so that you can detect that thread in order it does not affect your system any more.I hope that this will resolve your issue.

To solve this problem i think you will have to download a file named as rkill.exe from a website named as BleepingComputer.com. On that website you will find around four files similar to the rkill.exe you just need to dowmload any one of them. If you find any one of it not running then move to the other one. After downloading right click on it and select eun as administrator. I think that you got the solution.

You can get rid of this problem if you have an antivirus installed on your system. Otherwise go and get the MBAM(malwarebytes antimalware ) Utility install it and run full scan. Try to delete all the possible threats detected by the MBAM utility. After that you will get directed to the website properly as per your desire.

The basic reason for this problem according to me is either some body has changed the home page url so try to change that and see whether you have some toolbars like the yahoo toolbar or the avg toolbar then you must install it from the add or remove utility present in the control panel. I think this uninstallation must solve your issue.

Firstly i would like to know do you have antivirus installed in your system or not . If you have it please specify it. I think that this is not an updated Antivirus or the virus present in your system is not detected by the antivirus. The only solution to this is install a secure Antivirus and get it removed or install the malwarebytes antimalware and run the quick scan and get the virus removed or scan your system with the help of online scanner.