Thread: Resizing the start menu in windows 7

Resizing the start menu in windows 7

Hi. I have a problem regarding the start menu of windows 7. One day accidentally my brother did some mess with the system and now the start menu is been stretched and I want to resize it back to normal but I am not able to. Please help me out. I use Windows 7 as my operating system on my desktop machine.

Re: Resizing the start menu in windows 7

As you need to resize your start menu and bring it back to normal you could do it by right clicking on the taskbar menu of the windows. You need to see whether the taskbar icons are not locked. After it is been done then click and drag the bar this will resize the menu. After it is been done again right click on the taskbar option and the lock the tray. This will result your menu to set to default.

You need to right click on the Orb. Now you need to select the start menu tab and then choose to customize the option. You can then make certain changes by customizing the tools for the start menu. There could be an option as use large icons. Deselect the the option and select the small icons for the same. This will result in resizing the start menu control on your system. This should work well for you.

You can run a system restore to make the things to work in your possible ways. A system restore is nothing but kind of restore factory settings that will let you to restore the system back to the period as it was working before depending on the date you mention. Run a system restore on your system this shall make the start menu to be under normal view with no stretched tray.

The system restore process can be a good idea for making the start menu or your problem to be sorted. Follow the steps:

* Go to the start menu and click on the programs option.
    * Now go to the accessories option.
    * Select the system tools option and under that choose system restore.
    * Mention the date when your system was working fine.

It will set the parameters accordingly and make your system to function as it was by that day.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 05-01-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Dragging the start menu by clicking on it shall make the things to work properly. This is basically the way through which you can make the start menu to be formed normal. It can be done either way by formatting the system but it would be a bulky and huge process. rather it would be to try out by system restore procedure. This would be simple and very efficient to work out. Check out.