Thread: Boot Camp Disk Error

Boot Camp Disk Error

I have a MAC system which is running has MAC OSX 10.5 installed on it. I have a 260gb Hard disk and hence wanted to install Windows operating system on it. I used Boot camp assistant and made 32gb partition for Windows and started the installation process. The installation process goes midway and then it gives Boot camp disk error, "Press any key to restart". I tried to install the operating system many times but it everytime it gives the same error. I cant figure out what the problem is. If anybody has any idea about how to install windows then please let me know.

Re: Boot Camp Disk Error

There is no way in which the Windows can be installed on a MAC system. MAC system works on operating system which work on the environment which is different from the Windows operating system. Operating system of the MAC system need kernel files to be loaded while Windows require Link libraries to load. Therefore both the systems are simply incompatible and hence there is no way in which Windows operating system can be installed and run on the MAC system.

I think the disk from which you are trying to install Windows is either corrupt or has developed scratches due to which the system is giving the Boot disk error. Check the if the surface of the disk is scratched or has some impressions on it. Remove the disk and clean the surface with a clean cotton cloth. If the disk is scratched then Replace the CD and try installing the Windows again from it. After replacing the CD you will be able to install the Windows on your MAC system without any problems.

The Bootcamp utility that you have installed is creating the problem i think. Many times if the application is not installed properly, it creates problems while using them. Check if the utility is installed properly on your system. Remove the application and then install it again. After reinstallation of the application you will be able to install windows properly. You will not be able to remove the bootcamp utility directly. You will have to log in to single user mode and then you will have to remove the utility by going to Apple menu and selecting System Preferences.

Windows has a typical problem with its installer. The installer needs files to be copied on the system first in order to use it. Also the installer does not indicate the user about the operating system being restarted once or twice while installation which creates problems while installation. When the system restarts, the installer prompts the user to "Press any key to Boot from CD". If the user presses any key then the whole installation process starts again. Hence the installation process does not go further than this and the set up starts again and again. Hence you should only boot from CD once and then let the system boot from the Hard disk.

Dr. V Guest

The partition which you have created using the boot camp utility has some problems which is not letting the system to install Windows on the hard disk. Delete the partition which you have created for installing windows and then uninstall the Bootcamp utility. Install the Bootcamp utility again and then create a fresh partition for installing Windows. Before creating the partition again, check the hard disk by running various disk utilities on the drive and check its consistency. If the drive does not have any problems then only create the partition and try to install Windows again.