Thread: How to get rid of incompatibilities in Windows 7

How to get rid of incompatibilities in Windows 7

I have recently upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. But, whenever I install some applications, programs, games and even softwares too, I get a message saying that "This program is incompatible with the operating system". I need to know how to get rid of incompatibilities in Windows 7. All these programs that are not able to run in Windows 7 were perfectly running in the previous operating system that I was using. Any suggestions related to this problem are very much appreciated.

Dr. V Guest

Always use a dual boot system

Always use a dual boot system to get rid of incompatibilities in Windows 7. This method help you to keep two operating systems in the same machine. You have to install the other operating system in another drive in the system because of which you will get the option to select the operating system of your choice to run some particular program or application that is incompatible in the other operating system. I suggest you to keep Windows Vista as the other operating system other than Windows 7. The screen that gives you the option to select the operating system is called as Windows Boot Manager.

Compatibility troubleshooting option will help

Compatibility troubleshooting option will help to get rid of incompatibilities in Windows 7. You will get this option when you right-click on the shortcut of the particular application that is having problems in the operating system. There you will get two options. The first option will let the system detect the problems that the application is having with the operating system. The second method allows you to specify the errors that you are finding while the application runs in the operating system. So, the setting will be automatically be done such that the application will run in the compatibility mode. If you find the setting fine, you will have to simply apply it for the future.

It is recommended to not upgrade to Windows 7

It is recommended to not upgrade to Windows 7. So, you will have no problems as to get rid of incompatibilities in Windows 7. Here are the reasons why the experts say no to Windows 7:
    1. It is very much the same as Windows Vista.
    2. Windows 7 is very expensive.
    3. There are no problems with XP and Vista, but there are many problems with Windows 7.
    4. It has the same old infrastructure as the previous versions of the operating systems.
    5. If you do an upgrade from Windows XP, you require a clean install.
    6. Incompatibility is the greatest drawback of Windows 7.
    7. Windows operating systems always act as a closed system.

Complements and alternatives are available

To get rid of incompatibilities in Windows 7, you simply have to run the hardware and software evaluation tool. This tool give results of all the programs and applications in your system that are incompatible with respect to the operating system. Complements and alternatives are available in the market for the incompatible programs. So, you can get the latest versions of the programs that work fine with the operating system that you are using. This will hopefully solve the problem.

There are no such problems with Windows 7

I cant understand how you are getting incompatibilities in Windows 7. I am using the same operating system from a couple of months, but there are no such problems with Windows 7. i guess that there must have been some problems while you have installed the operating system because of which you are getting such compatibility issues. I suggest you to format the system and then reinstall the operating system. This may probably solve the problem.