Thread: Finding files in windows Vista.

Finding files in windows Vista.

Hi ,

I am using Windows Vista as operating system on my laptop. i have 360 GB of hard disk drive and four partition. In 360 GB, 320 Gb are space is full of files and folder. I always forget to where i stored my files in my Laptop and search the name, But i find difficulties to searching the file. Can any easy tips of searching the files and folder is available in vista ? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

There are several method is available in Windows Vista for file search, If you're looking for all the files from a particular month, or all the documents that you have written, you can use the headings above the file list to filter, stack, or group your files. Organizing your files in the ways makes them easier to locate and select.

If you need to search that file or folder located in a Documents or Pictures, You should use the Search box at the top of the folder window and If you need to a file that you have stored anywhere in your personal folder, you should use the Search box at the bottom of the Start menu. This will help to search fast and perfect.

If you want to to build a search with multiple filters then create a search in the search folder. when your search is complete just save that search criteria. It will be used in future to find the same file again on single click. This will also fast the search speed in vista and take low cache space in windows vista. If you have any confusion, Please reply.

You can use advanced searches in the Search box. Put only the word like Name:sunshine and the search box display only files that have the word sunshine in the file name. Also put the Tag: Sunshine in search box , it will display only files that are tagged with the word sunshine. If you want to find only files that have been modified on that date and year 2006, then type modified:05/25/2006 in search box.

You can also used Boolean filters for searching an item in your system. If you want to find files that contain both words "john" and "mike", you need to type John AND mike in search box. You also find files that contain either of the words "john" or "mike " by typing john OR mike in search box. But when you type Boolean filters like AND or OR, you need to use all capital letters. Try it and reply.