Thread: Unable to Open .out files in Ubuntu

Unable to Open .out files in Ubuntu

I have recently switched to Linux Operating System from Windows xp. But, recently I have got the problem of one file which is downloaded from the internet. When I try to open that particular file which is in the .out format, I wont able to open it. Can anyone give me solution to open that particular file. As I am new to the Linux platform and Ubuntu, it is not possible me to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Unable to Open .out files in Ubuntu

If you want to open that particular .out format file then you need to use the application which will able to open the .out format file. If you give more details about your file then it may possible to know that which application can open that file. So, please give the details about your download, such as why you download that and from where you download it. It may help to identify which software application can open this file.

Hello, you need to download that particular file again if you want to open that particular .out format file. I think the downloaded package is not downloaded properly and that is why you are getting this problem. So, you need to download it and this time try to download it from the different location. As there may be possibility that the server from which you are downloading this file is having corrupt file itself and that is why you are not able to open that particular file.

There may be possibility that your registry setting are changed and that is why you are getting the problem. As due to the problem in your registry the file association has been changed and you are not able to open the .out format files. The files which have the .out format are associated with the 'Outlines or Output File'. Many programs use this for outlines or output. Content of this file can be anything such as any type of ASCII data or any Binary data.

I am user of Windows xp operating system and come to know that following applications are associated with the .out format file. So, make use of one of this to solve your problem:
    • 3WayPack
    • MyInfo
    • NEi Nastran
    • NovaBACKUP
    • OzWin CompuServe E-mail/Forum Access Outbound Messages
    • Pro/ENGINEER
    • PSpice

You need to use the application which is associated with the .out format. I am not the Ubuntu user and that is why unable to give you application name which can open this particular file. But, if you give me details about this particular file then it may possible for me to know the exact application for this file. As there is no more details about the .out format file on internet, it is not able to get the details about it. So, you need to give details about this file.