Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System Restore error 0x8007007b

Re: System Restore error 0x8007007b

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    So, do you get the same error message or some different error code while using the system restore. If you still can’t get System Restore to run properly, try adjusting the disk space allocated for System Restore since you might have run out of it. Microsoft recommends at least 300MB of free hard disk space.
    I have at least 400GB free of a 1TB HD, and how do I adjust disc space? I also still get the same error code : (0x8007007B)

Quote Originally Posted by Javtex View Post
    I have at least 400GB free of a 1TB HD, and how do I adjust disc space? I also still get the same error code : (0x8007007B)
    The below information was given on how to set the disc space for system restore that you can use for yourself:

From within an administrator account open the command prompt. To do so go to Start – All Programs – Accessories and click on the Command Prompt. It may be necessary to right click n Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

To view lists existing volume shadow copies type or paste the following command then press enter:

vssadmin list shadows

Displays all shadow copy storage associations on the system and their size:

vssadmin list shadowstorage

The “vssadmin resize shadowstorage” command can be used to resize the storage area.

Here’s a example of the command used to resize the shadow storage area on the C:\ partition to a maximum size of 6 GB’s.

vssadmin resize shadowstorage /For=C: /On=C: /MaxSize=6GB

Einstien I can't access the cmd because I'm in the system repair and trying to boot up the computer results in an blue screen, followed by a restart. Before booting up the computer however, it lists two options, run in repair mode, or boot normally, the cmd on system repair however us different and doesn't have the same features as the normal cmd

Quote Originally Posted by Javtex View Post
    Einstien I can't access the cmd because I'm in the system repair and trying to boot up the computer results in an blue screen, followed by a restart. Before booting up the computer however, it lists two options, run in repair mode, or boot normally, the cmd on system repair however us different and doesn't have the same features as the normal cmd
    So are you getting the same error message similar to 0x8007007b or something else? Do you have a operating system cd/dvd that you can use for a windows repair and check if that solves your issue? You will have to repair your system and then have to go to desktop and then use the above procedure.

I'm running on an Dell Studio XPS8100 and I hear there is no reinstalling disc but a partition

I wrote out what happens

I booted the computer up, it got to the boot up screen where there is the swirly dots which convene into the windows logo, then the is a flash and a blue screen is shown for a second. The error code is 0x0000007B, and then it restarts. I'm running Windows 7 and a Dell Studio XPS 8100. I think the reason was because I may have failed to partition my hard drive correctly or a virtual disc with a OS is confusing the system, however a scan showed that the boot up process was corrupted and also, restoring and other methods of repair available from the system repair options don't work, giving me errors every time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12