Thread: Need compatible web browser for Kubuntu Operating System

Need compatible web browser for Kubuntu Operating System

I am having the Compaq computer system at my home and i am using the Kubuntu operating system of the Linux in this computer system. Earlier i was using the Microsoft windows XP operating system but there is a big problem of viruses in the windows operating system. Whereas the LINUX Kubuntu operating system is fully virus free. So now i am using this operating system. I want the Web browser for Kubuntu operating system other than Mozilla Firefox.

Re: Need compatible web browser for Kubuntu Operating System

You are having the Kubuntu operating system in your computer system and you have installed it in your computer recently. You were using the windows XP operating system before the Kubuntu. The Windows operating systems are get affected by the viruses very frequently, so u switched to the Linux based Kubuntu operating system. Because the Linux based operating systems are totally free from the viruses.

You are now using the Linux Kubuntu operating system in your computer system. You want the Web Browser application which should be compatible with this operating system. You are saying that after the installation of the operating system you install the Mozilla Firefox for surfing purpose on the internet. But it was not running on your computer system. Dont install the separate Mozilla Firefox in this OS because this OS comes preinstalled with the Mozilla Firefox. The Firefox which you are trying to install, it is not compatible with this operating system. Because you are using the same EXE file which you were using for the windows OS. There is different EXE file for different operating systems.

As you are the new user of the Linux Kubuntu operating system. You dont know the web browsers which are compatible with this operating systems. Let me tell you that this OS comes with the Mozilla Firefox but you dont want to use that web browser. There are many web browser which are compatible with this operating system as well as with the windows operating systems. But there is a different setup files of the same web browser for the different operating systems. So you cannot install the web browser setup file in the Kubuntu OS. You have to download the other version which is compatible with this operating system.

You want the web browser other than the Mozilla Firefox for the Kubuntu operating system. The Konqueror is the web browser which is fully compatible with all the versions and the Operating system based on the Linux platform.
    The Konqueror is the web browser and it is also the file manager which is used with the KDE Desktop. This is very highly customizable web browser selected from the attention at the time when the Apple made the selection on the basis for the safari. Konqueror is very highly integrated with the all other KDE applications like the Kontact for contacts, KMail as e-mail etc.

List of the web browsers which are compatible with the Kubuntu operating system of the Linux platform.

1. Mozilla Firefox
    2. Opera
    3. Flock browser
    4. Mozilla SeaMonkey
    5. Google Chrome
    6. Galeon
    7. Epiphany

Some of these web browsers are also compatible with the Windows Operating System. So make sure that you download the setup file which is compatible with the Kubuntu Operating System.