Thread: How to install Gnome Shell in Fedora Linux

How to install Gnome Shell in Fedora Linux

I have heard about this Gnome. Many of my friends told me it is very useful. And can some one tell me its exact use. Like what exactly is it used for and can some one help me with the proper steps to install it on my computer. I am very curious about this Gnome, so please some one help.

Features of Gnome

Even I am very curious to know what exactly is Gnome. I have heard from my cousin that it is a tool used by programmers to develop new Software's. Can some one list out the Features of Gnome and is it easy to learn it. What are the system requirements and detail specification to install Gnome.

Detail information on Gnome

Yes that is right Gnome is a Software Development tool used by the programmers. Gnome is an open Source and is very much easy to use. It is composed entirely of free and open source software. It is mainly used to create Software development frameworks by selecting application software for the desktop and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling and task management.

Installation steps

Here is the step by step process to install Gnome Shell on Fedora Linux.
    For installing Gnome Shell you need to have two packages installed on your Fedora System that is desktop-effects and gnome-shell.
    If desktop-effects is already installed then you just need to run the given command in terminal
    "yum install desktop-effects gnome-shell"
    After the installation is complete you have to enable Gnome shell from System > Preferences > Desktop Effects.
    Just restarted your system and that should do your work.