Thread: How to backup Windows 7 installer after installation

How to backup Windows 7 installer after installation

I have recently bought a new Acer laptop with windows 7. After the installation i turned the laptop on. Now, I want to know How can i burn out the installer of windows 7 in DVD for future use? please suggest some suitable options also i would like to thank in advance.

re: How to backup Windows 7 installer after installation

you have not specified about what System are you talking about. First of all i would like to know that is it a dell, hp, compaq. Please don't do anything unless you don't change the partition geometry by creating a new partitions. The whole Windows 7 factory-state installation is builtin the computer. So please let me know your configuration first before i can suggest some solutions.

Firstly i would suggest that there are restore files on a hidden partition on your hard drive so do not touch the hard drive first of all check the instructions on how to create a set of restore disks to use if ever needed. You can also restore directly from the hidden partition. However, if the hard drive fails and you haven't made the restore set you may have problems. Try to buy the restore set from the manufacturer of your computer if you do not wish to make the restore set.

Since there are some restore files already present in a hidden partition. You can directly restore from the hidden partition. You might have to use the recovery disc if and only if your hard drive fails. So you could contact the manufacturer & see if you can order a set of recovery disc from them for contingency purposes.

Thanks to all who replied me i wish to keep a set of restore disk for contingency purpose. Because in case if my restore files are damaged,i should still able to restore it with my disc. Also i would like to know which file should i burn out, and where is the restored file being stored on the Hard drive.

Your system should already have a backup file that must be stored somewhere in the hidden partition. So just visit the official website of the Microsoft you might get a solution on the site.