Thread: How to repair Aero in Windows 7?

How to repair Aero in Windows 7?

Hi there, I have recently upgraded my computer with the Windows 7 which work fine. The functionality of the same is amazing but the problem is that sometime the "Aero" is not working properly and the transparency of the certain object is not visible. So can any one help me with the method to repair the "Aero" so that i can easily access the transparency in the Windows 7. Thank you

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to repair Aero in Windows 7?

Hey, It is not difficult to repair the Aero transparency because windows automatically detect the problem and solve that. All you have to is that just right click on the empty area of the desktop. And go to the last option that is Personalize. After that a windows will appear on the click on the "Troubleshoot problems with transparency and other Aero effects" link. Now go to the Advances link and click on the check box Apply repairs automatically. Then to the next. On the next window just click on the enable Desktop Window manager. And its done now it automatically detect the problem and the solution too. Say thanks if it works. Bye

If you are getting the problem of the Aero transparency then i will suggest you to check that you are using some older version of the software on your system which is not compatible with the Aero. This happens when you start that process or program at that time Aero stops working which is not showing the transparency of the program. So to avoid the same first check that is there any new version of the program is available which will show the compatibility with the Windows 7 and upgrade the same. Hope that this will help you.

hey you did not specified the configuration of your system so that it will help us to decide the problem of your system. Do you have video card? If not then probably this could be the reason of your problem. Aero theme requires graphic card. If you have one then check for the driver update of the same which will help you regarding the use of the same. So try it and enjoy. Thanks

Yes. If the graphics card and driver were installed after Windows 7 was first set up, depending on the manufacturer, you might need to update the computer's performance score, which will automatically enable Aero.
    To update your computer's performance score

• Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Performance Information and Tools.
    • Click Update my score. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

There is a free program offered form the Microsoft which will automatically detect the problem because of which you are getting the problem in the Aero theme. This is known as Automated Troubleshooting Services. So try the same and see that this will help or not. You can take the advantage of the same with the given link below.
    Automated Troubleshooting Services

ThumbsUp Re: How to repair Aero in Windows 7?

This may not be the same in Vista, but when folks are playing around following performance tweaks, this is a common problem, and the Aero troubleshooter may not catch it.

Run "services.msc", ensure the Themes services is Automatic (and Started).
    Careful of the tweaks. I was playing around and noticed what you did.
    You can then select any Windows Aero theme, and it won't force the Color to Windows Classic, which is what was affecting the Windows taskbar, causing it to be a more basic white, and not transparent or shaded.