Thread: Is Outlook 2002 compatible with Windows 7

Is Outlook 2002 compatible with Windows 7

I am currently using Windows XP Service Pack 3 and I am thinking to upgrade my system to Windows 7. So, I am collecting information about the operating system and looking about for programs and applications that are compatible with Windows 7. It is better to use the older programs than the newer ones since we are well acquainted with them. So, just finding out whether Outlook 2002 compatible with Windows 7 because I was using the same in my previous operating system too.

Do not upgrade to Windows 7

I suggest you to not upgrade Windows 7 since it is having many problems including incompatible programs. I dont think that Outlook 2002 is compatible with Windows 7. I give you the following reasons why not to upgrade to Windows 7:
    1. It is more or less same as Windows Vista, so better upgrade to Vista because it has less problems.
    2. It is comparatively very expensive.
    3. There are no problems with Windows XP or Windows Vista, so why switch to Windows 7.
    4. The same old infrastructure is used to build Windows 7 also.
    5. If you upgrade from Windows XP, then you will have to do a clean install.
    6. Many programs are incompatible in Windows 7.

Outlook 2002 works on Windows 7

Outlook 2002 is compatible with Windows 7, that is it installs without any problem. Outlook 2002 also works on Windows 7. But, it has some associated problems. It runs in the same flow as it used to do in the previous operating systems, but it does not remember the passwords of the Email accounts. It will remember them until you keep running the application. As soon as you exit the system, it forgets everything. So, basically Windows 7 does support the platforms on which Outlook 2002 has been build.

Outlook 2002 always asks for network password

No, Outlook 2002 is not compatible with Windows 7. I can assure you this because I have tried the same on my system with Windows 7 operating system. The installation takes place without any problem. But, when it is started it gives an Email error. The error is generally like Outlook 2002 always asks for network password. I dont know what the network password is because I have not given any password for the network that I am using.

Use the latest version of Outlook

I do not think that Outlook 2002 is compatible with Windows 7. I cant understand how you are comfortable by using such an old version of the application. I suggest you to use the latest version of Outlook, since you will be helped with all the new features that were not available in the previous versions of Outlook. The newest version that has come into the market is Outlook 2010 that is embedded with MS OFFICE 2010. It is surely compatible with Windows 7.

Outlook 2002 gives errors in Windows 7 frequently

Outlook 2002 is compatible with Windows 7 in a way like you are able to install it without any problem. But, after installing, once you start the program, Outlook 2002 gives errors in Windows 7 frequently. So, partly it is incompatible with Windows 7. Windows 7 recommends to use the latest versions of all the softwares and applications because they will all be supported on Windows 7 operating system. So, the only solution to use Outlook on Windows 7 is to use its latest version or better not to switch to Windows 7.