Thread: Diagnosis of MAC os problem

Diagnosis of MAC os problem

I have some MAC system at my office. I think there is virus in them. I am noticing some odd behavior in the system like the Sad MAC face, etc. I need some suggestion regarding the same. What is the first thing should I do to check and diagnose the problems. Then what are the immediate steps to took to fix them. I had tried some solutions from internet but nothing was so satisfying.

Re: Diagnosis of MAC os problem

First restart your system, then you make sure that you have free space in your set up. Verify and then repair the boot disk. After creating the new user account check the problem is solved or not. If the problem is not solved then start the safe boot mode, after that reset the PRAM and also reset the open firmware and NVRAM.

Dr. V Guest

If restarting the problem does not occur one can speak of a temporary problem. Do you have a working operating system.The operating system requires disk space to write their own swap files (virtual memory), an operation that carries out in the absence of available RAM. Not have disk space can lead to sudden and can not block the boot. The swap files may use 2 GB of space and cumbersome in certain conditions. Remove unused files or applications to create space.

Launch Disk Utility in Applications / Utilities folder. Select the startup disk (usually Macintosh HD), choose SOS or first aid and click on Repair Disk Permissions. Start with the CD / DVD to install the operating system. Close the installer, open Disk Utility, select your startup disk, choose SOS and to repair the disk. (Note: Starting with the CD / DVD installation is done by restarting your Mac and hold down the C key) This procedure can also be done by starting in single user mode (Command + S at startup by holding down) and typing fsck-y (on this point, see the additional notes below)

An administrator can create a new user. The operation is done in System Preferences Accounts pane. If the problems are resolved justified by the library's problematic. And it happens without limitation that some preference files are corrupted and the creation of a new user involves the creation of these files from scratch. The same is true for the media applications, fonts, etc. or the contents of the library user may differ from user to user but affect the stability of the system.

The removal of caches (system, user and fonts) is done by third party utility programs such as Onyx, Cocktail, Jaguar / Panther / Tiger Cache Cleaner, etc. It always restart after removal. E should be used and updated utilities compatible with your system. The prebinding system involves the reconstruction or upgrade of system dependencies. Implies stability and greater speed. He performed with the terminal by typing the following command for systems pre 10.4 (Tiger): sudo update_prebinding-root /-force