Thread: How to get classical explorer in the windows 7?

How to get classical explorer in the windows 7?

Hello there, I have a small issue regarding the view of the Windows 7. I was using the Windows XP operating system for my desktop. But i have recently switched it to the Windows 7 just to make myself updated with the latest technology but now it gives me problem. As i am user friendly with the XP i can not find the same classical view of the explorer in the Windows 7. Is there any software is available for the same. Help me regarding the same. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to get classical explorer in the windows 7?

Hey, There is a third party software which will enable you with the different view of the explorer. This is is known as the Classic Shell. All you have to download it from the internet and then it. And the install. After the installation has been finish it will automatically ask for the classical view of the same and it dose not require the restart of the system after the installation finishes. It also enable more feature which you can see only if you are using it. That all i can help you regarding the query.

Hope the above one help you but there is an inbuilt method of the windows exist which enable the user with the classical view of the explorer as well as the start menu. You can try the start menu changing method. Just go through the below given step and hope that it will work for you.
    • Go to the Start Icon and Right Click and then property
    • Now click on the Customize
    • Now check the option button which shows the classical start menu
    • Now click on OK and its done

Hi, I have used the third party software known as the ClassicShell which add the classical view of the Explorer.You can also change the setting of the start menu by right clicking on the start menu. It will display the option of the ClassicShell setting. Which will customize the start menu. You can also see the XP view of the explorer like if you want to see the folder option in the same way as it was in XP then you can see that also with the button of same type using the ClassicShell. I hope this help you to understand the same i better way. Thank you

Re: How to get classical explorer in the Windows 7?

I am using the Windows 7 from 1 month but this does not give me any problem related to the use of the same. It is more user friendly with me. But if you don't find it interesting then i will suggest you to reinstall the windows xp in your system. Or use the below given link which will be helpful to you regarding the issue you are getting. How do i get Classic Start Menu in Windows 7 Thank you.