Thread: Partition not showing up after installing windows 7

Partition not showing up after installing windows 7

One of the partition is not showing up after installing windows 7. I cant understand why it is happening. I have 5 drives in my system as:
    • C: (Windows 7)
    • D: (Softwares)
    • E: (Games)
    • F: (Other Stuff)

When I was installing Windows 7, first time I had accidentally started the installation in D: drive. But then, I stopped it and deleted all the Windows files that had been installed into D: After that I installed it into the C: drive. Please help me with the problem.
    Last edited by Doroteo; 18-12-2009 at 03:10 AM.

Re: Partition not showing up after installing windows 7

The problem that the partition is not showing up after installing Windows 7 is clearly seen in the issue that you have given. You had tried to install Windows 7 previously in one drive and after that you stopped the installation and deleted the installed files. That is why that particular drive is not visible. You should have formatted that drive in which you had accidentally installed the OS. Then only you could have the drive detected in your system.

The problem that the partition is not showing up after installing windows 7 can be easily sorted out. Just follow the steps given below:
    1. First, go to start.
    2. Next select Control Panel from there.
    3. Now, view the Administrative Tools.
    4. There go to Control Management.
    5. Select Disk Management
    6. Look for the drive here that is not being detected in your system.

I suppose that the partition not showing up after installing windows 7, ,may be because the drive letter may have changed after you installed Windows 7. Now suppose that you must have had an E: drive for games. After installing the operating system, the drive letter might have changed from E: to say G:. This generally happens. Now, all the contents of E: will be in G:. Many of my friends were worried too because of the same type of silly problems. in their system.

I guess that partition is not showing up after installing windows 7 is an installation problem. I will give you one solution. First take the back up of the whole system and all the data and information stored in it. Now, format the entire system along with the drives too. Now, install Windows 7 again and manage the partition as you want to do it. Now restore all the information where it was previously in your machine. I hope that your problem will be solved by this method.

The following steps have to be underwent if any partition not showing up after installing windows 7:
    • Press on the key for Windows. Here type diskmgmt.msc and then, hit enter. Now, here the interface for DISK MANAGEMENT will open, where you will find the list partitions in the hard drives. Now, the drive letter has to be searched for that is missing.
    • Select the drive that was missing and then, right click on it.
    • In the context menu, the drive letter has to be changed and the path has to be selected.Now, you will find an ADD button in the next menu. Click on it and select a letter for the drive in the drop-down menu.
    • Lastly, click on OK and you will find the drive back that was missing.