Thread: Can we do a fresh installation of Windows-7 with the recovery disks??

Can we do a fresh installation of Windows-7 with the recovery disks??

I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop, which is having the Windows 7 (Home-Premium) as the operating system. I have to create the Recovery Disks so that I can upload the OS later on when it gets corrupted. Also there are many trial software that came along with that system. Now I don't want any of that software. Can I install Windows 7 from the recovery disks ?? Since I am very new to Windows 7 I don't have that much of knowledge. There are two options in "Vaio Recovery Center". The first is "Restore Complete System". And the other option is "Wipe and Erase Data". Using this option can I install the Windows 7 freshly without the loaded software.?? Please help me..!!
    Blessings to you

Re: Can we do a fresh installation of Windows-7 with the recovery disks??

According to me you cannot install the only operating system from the Recovery Disks. When you create the Recovery CD, that means the copy of your OS and other software gets into the CD or DVD's. When you try to install the OS from the Recovery CD/DVD the OS with other default software will get installed.

Exactly. The funda is simple of the Recovery CD. It will install the OS and other software on the laptop as it was when you purchased it. Just like the factory settings. Creating the Recovery CD is very important because you can install the original OS using that CD. The rest of the software will also get installed.

Even you choose any of the option provided you will install the OS with the other software. If you choose the first option which is "Restore Complete System", the system will get restored to the Factory Default without inserting the Recovery CD. This happens because there is already one partition for the factory setting. (should be D:\). If you select the second option "Wipe and Erase Data" which will erase the entire partition of the default factory settings. Before doing this be sure that you create the recovery disks, otherwise you will not able to install the Genuine Windows 7.(otherwise you will have to purchase)

The only way to remove the previously installed the Software which are for trial version is removing them manually. The installation from the Recovery CD will not help you in this matter. So, instead of reinstalling the OS from the Recovery CD, I would like to suggest that remove the applications manually that you don't need.

To remove the programs that is not needed to you, do the following steps :

1. Click on the Start button.
    2. Select and Open the Control Panel.
    3. Go into the option Add/Remove Programs by double clicking on that icon.
    Here, you can find the programs that has been installed to your computer.
    4. Select the program that you wish to remove from your computer.
    5. Select the option Remove. This will run the software's uninstallation process.

This will help you to remove the applications that you don't want.