Thread: Problem accessing the D drive in the Windows 7

Problem accessing the D drive in the Windows 7

Hey, I was using the windows XP operating system for my computer before. And recently i purchased the windows 7 genuine CD to install on my system but the problem arise after i stuck up in the drive problem. After installation of the OS i can not access the D drive of the system. Now i don't understand the problem. I have been looking for the data which is in the D drive. I have installed the OS in the C drive which is accessible. Suggest me the solution. Thank you.

Re: Problem accessing the D drive in the Windows 7

Hey, Did you know that which partition you are using. So to check that go to the my computer and right click on that there you will find the mange click on that. Now tell me what are you seeing. If it showing two partition then it is OK but if it is showing one partition then this could be disappoint you that you have lost your data which is in the D drive because the same is got corrupted. Thank you.

Hi, you did not specified the the problem you are getting regarding the hard drive. First let me know what error is showing when you are trying to access the D drive is it showing the open with option or it showing that you need to format the drive. If it is showing the format drive then there is no other option to recover the data you have to format the drive. But if it is showing the open with option then you have to to scan the drive for the virus this happen because of the virus. So check for the virus and see the change. Bye

Hey as above post suggested you to go to the my computer and check for the partition then tell me what is showing on the D drive is it showing that File system as NTFS or raw. If it showing you the RAW then sorry to tell you that you have to format and because all your data has been lost there is no way that you can recover the data. So format it. I hope it will not show you the NTFS instead of the RAW. Thanks