Thread: mp3 songs Problem in ubuntu 9.10

mp3 songs Problem in ubuntu 9.10

Hello, I have installed the ubuntu 9.10 on my computer and when I tried for playing mp3 songs, it is not giving me any option to play that files. I want to play that files. If you are having any option then please reply me. As I am new to the Linux platform I don't have much idea about it. So, please help me to get the solution about it. Is there any other third party software which will help me to play those mp3 songs? Please, reply me.

Re: mp3 songs Problem in ubuntu 9.10

Hi, I think you are getting this problem as you have not used any kind of mp3 player on your ubuntu 9.10. So, you need to use the mp3 player on your ubuntu 9.10, so it will help you to play mp3 songs on your computer. So, just try to install any mp3 player such as Zortam Mp3 Player 1.50, Amarok, Aleo Flash MP3 Player Builder 3.2, Radio & MP3 Player 1.0.5.76, MP3 Player Recovery Tool 2.1.0.3 or Ubuntu 9.1. So, use one of this and then solve your problem regarding the mp3 songs problem.

Hey, I am also getting the same problem as you. I have installed new ubuntu 9.10 and now when I try to play my mp3 songs in that it is not recognizing that format to play the songs. So, what to do now. Can it be needed to convert the format of the songs to the supported format by the ubuntu 9.10. For converting purpose which type of converter would be needed. So, please help me to get this solution.

I am also getting the same problem with my mp3 player Rhythmbox. When I try to play the mp3 songs from it, it won’t play my music in ubuntu 9.10. Then I follow the steps below to get the solution:

• Uninstall the Rhythmbox using the command below:
      Code:
         sudo apt-get remove rhythmbox --purge
    • Now update the sourcelist using the command below:
      Code:
         sudo apt-get update
    • Do the reinstallation of Rhythmbox using the command below:
      Code:
         sudo apt-get install rhythmbox
    • Now when you use the Rhythmbox for opening mp3 files, if firstly ask you to install additional plugins. You need to install them.
    • Then simply restart Rhythmbox and your problem would be resolve.

Hi, I am also using the ubuntu 9.10. But, till yet I have not get any problem regarding anything. Your are getting the problem of mp3 files. I think you need to install rhythmbox for playing the mp3 files. It is third party application which will help you to play your mp3 songs which you want. Have you used it before? If you are using the same and not able to solve the problem then simply remove that from your computer and then install it again and then try to open mp3 fiels. I think this will solve your problem.

I am also having the problem while playing the mp3 songs in my ubuntu 9.10. I have installed the rhythmbox in my ubuntu 9.10, but it is not able to play the files with the mp3 format, so if you have any kind of troubleshooting technique then please help me to solve my problem. I am waiting for your reply. If you know any other player which is having capability to play the mp3 songs, then suggest me the name of such player it will help me.