Thread: C:\...\local\temp\225704Log.in is lost

C:\...\local\temp\225704Log.in is lost

Please Help Me!!! I am not a frequent user of computers. But i have a computer with the latest window operating system that is windows 7. I was using it without any problem but from last 3 days i am not able to boot my computer properly. But now whenever i start up my computer then it gives me a error message " C:\users\login name\Appdata\local\temp\225704Log.in is lost ". May i please know how this file got lost and what this file is used for in windows?

Perform Clean Boot

Well, It states that your windows 7 is missing some system files. And definitely it would be some important to file to your windows. You better check it with performing a Clean Boot. To perform Clean Boot, you have to follow these steps. Before performing a clean boot make sure that you are using all the rights of Administrator.
    1. Go to start, and click on Run and type msconfig.exe which will open the System Configuration Utility.
    2. Switch to the General Tab and click for the Selective Startup and then uncheck the Load startup.
    3. Now go to Services tab, check for the Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
    4. Press OK and Restart.

Reinstall your Operating System.

Do not be worrying, As you have lost some of your system files. I would be suggesting to go for simplest way to deal with your windows problem. Please uninstall your operating system and reinstall it in same way as you did previously. By doing this your windows will again install all the system files which will include this lost file also. You better install it with the automated cd for installing the windows 7, so that you do not need to do much work while installing it.

Clear the redundant files from temporary folder.

The path which you have shown here is a path for temporary file. I think there will be something wrong with your system temp folder. For this Clear the redundant files in temporary folder. You can do this by performing the following steps.
    1. First of all restart your computer to Safe Mode.
    2. Open Control Panel, click for Classic View and choose folder option.
    3. Select for the View Tab, go for Show hidden files and folders box, Press Apply and OK.
    4. Go to Start and open My Computer.
    5. Type C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Temp folder URL in the address bar.
    6. Press CTRL+A and then press DELETE key to delete all the files from temp folder.
    7. Now you can restart your computer in a normal mode.

Virus affecting temp files.

I think there is nothing going wrong with your computer but There would be some virus in your computer which would be affecting your temp folder and in fact your other system folders also. All you can do now is scan your whole computer and Delete all the viruses found by you spyware instead of repairing them. I hope you will be having latest version of your spyware or you may download AVAST Anti Virus to do this task.

System Restore

Actually it is quite difficult to find out for a file which has been lost. Have you searched it in your recycle bin, It might happen that you find those files there. Other wise you have an option of System Restoring facility of windows operating system. By doing this you would be able to restore all the system files which operating system installs on your computer while installing the OS.