Thread: Getting error while playing "Modern warfare 2"

Getting error while playing "Modern warfare 2"

Hi friends,

I am getting anonymous error Whenever playing the "Warfare 2". Before two days I bought this game. The game start without any error , but after immediately that I get error message telling that Modern warfare 2 will doesn't work anymore. When I try to click this message program get terminated.
    I am using NVIDEA GFORCE 256MB graphics card, Does it causes this error?
    Please let no any solution over this if your already gone through this error. I am waiting for reply.

Re: Getting error while playing "Modern warfare 2"

Hello friend,

I friend had identical problem with "Modern warfare 2". This kind of errors are actually occurring because of the corrupted zone files. He solved this error by verifying the game integrity.
    You need to verify the game integrity and for this please do the following things:
    • First right click on the Game from the Steam client option.
    • Then you need to choose the "properties"
    • Then select the "local files tab" and then fin the option named as click the "Verify game cache integrity" .
    • Then finally You need to do this for both i.e for multi player game & single player game.

Hi ,

I am having same error i.e "Modern warfare doesn't work anymore". I don't know if it is the problem of the "Modern warfare" game , or it is happening because of the my computer system fault. I have 512MB graphics card with my system along with 1 Gb RAM. I have tried the reinstallation of the "Modern warfare" but still getting same error message. What should I need to do to get relief from this game error? Please suggest..

Hi friend,

I think you need to try to delete the content of "Modern warfare 2" game. When you complete the deletion of the content of the "Modern warfare 2", then you need to re download it again from Steam.
    After downloading , make right click on the "game" and click on the Delete Local Content option. Then do the same process for the single player game executable and also for the multiplayer game .

Hi,

Please uninstall the "Modern warfare 2" game and then reinstall the it again. Then restart the your system. After this if you are getting then I think there may problem in the "Modern warfare 2" game CD, some data may be corrupted from this.
    I also recommend you to upgrade your graphics card up to the 512MB , this may solve your problem.

Thanks friends, for your right suggestions.
    As per your recommendation I did the uninstallation of the "Modern warfare 2". Then restarted my computer and then reinstalled this game. After this process I am not getting "Modern warfare doesn't work anymore" error. And I am able to save the game as well without any error.