Thread: How to Fax without using Fax Machine in Window Vista?

How to Fax without using Fax Machine in Window Vista?

Hey,

I have a problem regarding the Windows Vista and i cant find a solution of that so that i can fix that problem. I want to fax in Windows vista without using the fax machine. I have looked everywhere but could not find any help. So finally i though to discuss this with you. So help me with the same so that i can use the vista service for sending the fax without using the fax machine.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to Fax without using Fax Machine in Window Vista?

Hey,

I am giving you the detail about sending fax without using the fax machine which you have asked about in the this post. So go with the steps given below to take the help about the same.

1. Click on the start
    2. Then go to the search box and search for the windows fax
    3. Then select windows fax and scan
    4. Click on the New Fax and select the fax modem or server
    5. Now select the way by which you want to receive the fax
    6. It done now you can send the fax with the windows vista

Hope you liked the idea

Hi,

Windows vista have inbuilt feature which facilitate the user with the sending the fax without using the fax machine which will save your money time and the expenses of the cartridge and the papers which is the drawback of the physical fax machine. this happens with the built in fax modem which performs the task of the fax machine without using one. But it requires the server connection so that you can send the fax to the destination where you want. That all i know about the function of the inbuilt fax modem.

Thanks

Hey,

I am giving you the steps involving in the connection to the modem which will send the fax through the fax modem.

• Check whether your computer is connected to internet online or not Connect
    • Now go to the start and select the all program
    • Then click on the "Windows Fax and Scan."
    • A Fax Setup Wizard will appear to make a connection of te fax modem to send and receive faxes.
    • It will open a window click Tools and then to dropdown menu select Fax Accounts
    • Now click on the ADD button
    • Now your connection is ready

To send and receive faxes using a modem

Before you begin, make sure that you've attached an analog phone line to your computer. You can't use a digital phone line to send or receive faxes. If your computer has a built-in fax modem, Windows will automatically detect it during the setup process. You can connect to one local fax modem only, although you can connect to multiple fax servers or devices on a network. If you're not sure whether your computer has a built-in fax modem, check the hardware information that came with your computer. If you have an external fax modem, follow the manufacturer's instructions for attaching it to your computer. Make sure that the modem is turned on before taking these steps.

• Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
    • To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.
    • If you're connecting to a fax device for the first time, click New Fax on the toolbar, and then, in the Fax Setup Wizard, follow the instructions for connecting to a fax modem.

To send and receive faxes using a server

Before you begin, make sure that your computer is connected to the network. Also, make sure that you know the network address of the fax server (for example, \\mycompanyfaxserver) and that you have permission to connect to it. To obtain permission or to obtain the fax server address, contact a system administrator.

• Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
    • To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.
    • Click Tools, and then click Fax Accounts.
    • Click Add, and then, in the Fax Setup Wizard, click Connect to a fax server on my network and follow the instructions for connecting to a fax server.