Thread: One Restart and No Booting

One Restart and No Booting

Hi, I using Windows xp operating system till two days ago. But, when I install one Screen saver on my computer, my computer suddenly restart itself and then now it is not booting. What exactly happen to my computer. I am not getting the reason. Please, help me to solve this problem. I will be very thankful to you. Please, suggest me some way, through which I can save my data.

Re: One Restart and No Booting

Hi, I think you have installed the screen saver which is virus infected, and due to which you are getting the error of not booting. So, I think you are left with a single option of installing new operating system on your computer. So, just make sure that while making reinstall you need to install it in the same drive, so that all the data will not be deleted from your hard drive.

Hello, I think the problem is of the virus. By mistake you have installed the screensaver which is virus infected. So, now I don't think that you will able to use your operating system without reinstalling. You have to either repair your windows xp or you need to install the new operating system. So, there is no other way to use your system without reinstalling it. So, reinstall new operating system.

Dr. V Guest

Hi, I am not getting the problem which you are getting. You told that you have just installed the screensaver and then your computer restarts itself. So, I am not able to get the problem what you are getting. So, if you are able to give me any clues from which I will able to get the problem which you are getting. Please, help me to get the details about the problem.

Hey, this is a simple problem of virus. But, now you need to repair your system. Before that just remove your CMOS battery from the Motherboard and then check whether your computer starts or not. If your computer starts directly then you can use antivirus scan to remove that particular virus. So, just try to do this. If it won't work then you have to install windows xp again on your computer.

It is not possible to load the Windows xp operating system directly as your are getting the error of booting. So, just make use of new xp cd and just repair your windows xp setup. So, that you will able to load it. It will not delete any of your previous data. So, dont worry about it. It won't deleted. If you are not able to repair the system then just install the new Xp without any formatting, so that you will able to get your data back.