Thread: Update to KDE 4.3.2 on Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty?

Update to KDE 4.3.2 on Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty?

Hello there, I have beening using Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope for quite a while now. Now i want to update KDE to KDE 4.3.2. Is it possible to update KDE? I don't know how to do it. I was new to linux and it took me quite long to get used to Kubuntu. Any help would be appreciated...

Re: Update to KDE 4.3.2 on Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty?

You can upgrade any package on your Kubuntu at any given time as provided the update is available. You can do it easily from the package manager. Opoen Package manager and search for "Kde" and click on Update. It will then download the necessary update packages and update the your KDE with the current version available. Also you can do it from terminal. Open Terminal and type :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update kde-desktop
    If this doesn't work feel free to post back...

It is better that you download and Linux Distribution with the Latest KDE version as it is not easy to update the KDE packages and KDE is not just an desktop environment. It has many application which depend and are reliable on KDE for functioning. So all the packages have to be updated. Which means almost the entire Operating System is updated. So instead get a new OS disc itself...

KDE 4.2 on kubuntu Intrepid was good and worked fine on my system. K Desktop Environment 4.2 on Jaunty Jackalope made me loss sound. Then KDE 4.3 on Karmic Koala was better and ran perfectly on my machine, Now when I tried to install it on one of my system and laptop, it didn't ran as expected or did not ran at all. Ubuntu runs perfectly in all cases without any issues. I think Kubuntu is just not worth as an OS. It is alive because Ubuntu is with Gnome and a KDE based OS is required for eye-candy kind of stuff. I wish Kubuntu was better and I could use KDE, but can't as i don't know when it will crash my system... So i prefer to use the Current Ubuntu and older KDE and not update it...

I've used Gnome as long as i have been using linux. I like it and I think KDE is extremely worthy and a stuff competitor for Gnome.KDE was great with when it was upto the version 3.5, it got a bit of pain when it reached 4.0 due to a totally new and different code set, and it also improved with version 4.2 and later. This is known to Everyone. Gnome is getting a major update in coming months and i think it will be most likely be in the same position as KDE was when its 4.0 version was first released as it will be also launching some unseen bugs along with it as well which is inevitable when building a completely new set of coding. So any software ofcourse needs some time and testing...